Translate

Friday, May 2, 2014

So Glad I Ran for the Train!

This morning was so frustrating!!!

I didn't want to carry a bunch of money on me, so I kept it all at the hostel. I was going to try and use my debit card to get money from an ATM, or just use my card in the metro ticket machine. I already had my ticket for the train ride to valencia, I just needed to get to the barcelona-sants station.

So I went to the metro station super early and tried to buy a ticket. It didn't accept my card. This was upsetting, because it said it accepts visa, which it what I have. It's probably because I have a US bank card. I talked to someone that said they have a foreign card and it works fine, but then she said she was from Portugal, so since it's in Europe there wasn't any problem.

I tried the ATM and it asked me for some banking code with a lot of digits... So I gave up on that too. I ended up speed walking back to my hostel to get more money. Everyone told me that I wasn't going to make the train, because sants station is huge and hard to find connections. But I did it! 

I made it to the metro at plaza catalunya, made it on the green route (thank goodness I jumped on, it had just arrived and was about to shut its doors). Then I ran through the sants station, and asked people, some didn't know where I should go. But then someone pointed me in the right directions and I made it just in time. 

Now I am on the train. I will arrive in Valencia Ina few hours, and I am watching a movie called Bienvenidos a Nice.


No comments:

Post a Comment