Translate

Sunday, May 4, 2014

A Note on Barcelona Before I Forget

There were a few things that I wanted to note up until this point in my trip.

I noticed that having a lot of nature is very important in Spain. Even in big city centers, there are gardens and trees everywhere. Nature is also reflected in thr architecture here, for example a lot of Gaudi works have nature-related details.

The people in Barcelona do not get up early. I had to be up at 5am for the days that I spent in Barcelona, for my trips. Every morning on my way to the train station, there were people in the streets, but they were not on their way to work or anything. They were on their way back from the bars. Also, there was a lot of PDA... I think this is due to the intoxication, not the culture lol.

Down town there are a lot of people from Africa, that have big bags full of stuff (they actually looked like sheets that were drawn up to be bags). They sell stuff in the street, especially down by the beach, the Barceloneta.

My last night in Barcelona I went out to see the Born neighborhood, see the Arc de Triomf, and to see a very popular brewery (in Spain they call them beer factories- fabricas de cerveza) named Moritz. They only had two types of beer, but they had so many tapas, their menu must have been ten pages long!


Another picture of Gaudi's Cathedral


You can't see it very well, but this is a really cool Gothic style balcony


Arc de Triomf


Excavation inside the Barcelona History museum




They serve their beer in these teeny tiny glasses. You can have them in this size, or a really big size. Took me by surprise.



This is what size their growlers are



And as I was walking back to my hostel, I saw a garbage truck! I'm pretty sure that are garbage trucks don't do this, but inside there is a compactor. So every time they throw in a bag, the truck compacts it down, so they can fit more in there.

















No comments:

Post a Comment