Translate

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Adios Salamanca

I'm leaving Salamanca today with Profe Arenillas and her daughter, Clara. Its been a great stay, and I am so glad I was able to do this. While some are saying they would rather stay in Spain, or at least Europe, I'm actually pretty excited to get back home. I'm taking a super awesome biology class in Marquette, and trying to complete my Capstone. I also will be able to start work again. I'm not super excited about dealing with the summer orientations, but it should at least be an interesting experience. And maybe it will be fun, who knows. I will also be really excited to see my boyfriend, Joe. I haven't seen him for this whole month, and I haven't been able to talk to him a lot due to the time difference and his work/clinicals schedules.

Today we leave for Madrid. While in Madrid, I want to definitely see the Prado museum, and I really want to see the Reina Sofia Bellas Artes museum. They are both super close to my hostel. I also want to do a city tour. I love walking city tours because, even though I never can remember everything, I really like learning a little about the history of the streets. Specific things that I can say I know about a place that most people can't find on the internet.

However, getting to my hostel is going to be a pain. I'm getting a bus to the airport, but I have to navigate back into the city through the Metro system. I will have to change lines a lot. Yikes! Also, even though I have a medium sized duffel and a backpack, everything weighs a lot. A LOT. Because, expert packer as I am, I was able to pack everything I brought with me into these two bags. However, that means they're super heavy. Just walking from my house to Profe Arenillas' house was a pain. Ughhhh.

Ok, no more complaining. Its a beautiful day in Spain, and I'm ready to see a small part of Madrid!

No comments:

Post a Comment