Translate

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Food in Valencia

No one should go to Valencia and not have Paella (Valencia is the birthplace of Paella), or Horchata. Paella is a rice based dish, that can have either vegetables, chicken, rabit, or seafood (or a combination of these).

When I went to Valencia, it was a holiday, so no one had to work. There was a big futbol game, Valencia versus Sevilla. Everyone was dressed in red, and chanting and shouting at each other. A lot of people gathered at the beach, and in the town center.

I decided to walk down the beach and check it out.





I also got the chance to try freshly made Horchata. Horchata is a cold drink that is made from Tiger nuts, or Almonds (depends where you are). I think mine was made from Tiger nuts.



And look at this jungle gym! I have seen a couple in Barcelona and in Valencia. The people in Cataluyna (although Valencia is not in Cataluyna, it's very close) have human tower competitions. At the very top, are little kids. I think this is how they start them praciticing early (I'm kidding, but it would be funny if it was true).


I walked along the beach, and there were a lot of nice restaurants. I decided to stop in for a Cafe con Leche.




On the back of the sugar packet there was an interesting quote.

"The grey clouds are also part of the journey."

I hope it wasn't telling me that something bad was going to happen....


Towards the end of the day, I decided to stop into a restaurant for some Paella Valenciana and Agua de Valencia. This was more in the city center, not on the beach.



Yum!



This is a picture of the rest of the restaurant




















No comments:

Post a Comment