Translate

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Expectations for my Day in Madrid

    1)  Complete the walking tour. I have no idea what it includes, but I know it’s about 2 hours long. I would hope that it includes the Plaza Mayor, the Palacio Real, maybe the Palacio Santa Cruz, perhaps the Plaza de la Villa, maybe the Monasterio Descalzas Reales, and it’s a long shot but I hope it includes the Templo de Debod. The Templo de Debod is a monument that was brought to Madrid from Egypt. It looks relatively close to the center of the city, so maybe if the walking tour does not include it, I can go there afterwards.

2)  Go to the Prado museum. I absolutely have to go. They close at 7pm tonight, so it’s going to be pretty tough to make it. This is the same problem I had with the Pablo Picasso museum in Barcelona. It closed at 7pm and I never was able to make it. Hopefully history does not repeat itself. Because I feel like it’s pretty much mandatory to go to the Prado if you are in Spain.
  
3)  Get a Madrid magnet. It doesn’t sound as hard as it is. I have pretty high standards for magnets now, and I want to get a good one that fully encompasses what I think Madrid is. Like I said, high standards.

4)  I would like to see the Parque del Retiro. Not super-duper important, but I would like to check it out. Especially since it’s not very far from my hostel. Within the Parque del Retiro, there is the Palacio de Velazquez and the Palacio de Cristal.  

It doesn’t get dark until like 9:30pm. Think I can do it all?? I hope so! 

Tentative schedule:

-Walking tour 11am-1pm.

-Prado from like 2pm-4pm? No idea how long it will take. Its further away from the city center so I will have to really book it to get there in a reasonable amount of time.

-Parque del Retiro at like 5pm.

-Find a magnet (probably after my walking tour, since there’re bound to be tourist shops in the city center).

No comments:

Post a Comment