Translate

Monday, March 24, 2014

Alternate

I bought my plane ticket a while ago. However, now I want to stay for 3 more days. And I want to fly into Valencia instead of Barcelona. But to change my ticket, it will cost 350 dollars now. 350 dollars is a lot of money. I could buy a really good rail pass for that amount of money. It would help buy my shoes and gear I need. 350 is more than half my car insurance for 6 months. But it would save me so much time. An ave ride to Valencia from Barcelona is 3 hours, and is like 69 euros. So if I made it a "Valencia Day" on Thursday, I would be in the train for at least 6 hours! Is it worth it?

I really want to see Valencia. More for la lonja de seda, and paella, and agua valenciana. It looks so chill! Barcelona seems very busy and crazy and everyone says you'll get robbed. Plus it's so spread out. Valencia has a very small city center. You would only have to go far to see the ciudad de artes y ciencias. Which is really cool, but I probably would not make the trip to see it. I also really want to the cathedral, which is really close to the train station. I mean, I could do Valencia in one day, but it would really suck I think.

I would only be able to see Barcelona (everyone's favorite) on Wednesday. I arrive at 12, so I only have half the day to see it. Friday is dedicated almost entirely to the Pyrenees trip. And then maybe on Saturday I will be able to see a bit of Madrid? Shelbi doesn't get into Madrid until  like 3, so we wouldn't have to leave until then. I really wish I had the rest of that weekend to explore! I could have possibly knocked out Granada! 

I really want to see Santiago de Compostela (#1) and the Granada (#2) and possibly combine that with a day trip to morocco. I really want to see Basque Country, but I'm not sure I will be able to do so. It's just so isolated and far away. And there aren't really buildings I wanted to see there.

For my trip to Santiago de Compostela, I want to see the cathedral of course. But their museum also has some really cool excavations! And they have this flaming drink called queimada. And Santiago is such a small city, it will be really easy to see everything that I want. Although it doesn't seem like there is much in the city except the cathedral. See, I wish I could separate my time! Like, why can't I add those days to another trip I want to take!

Santander also seems really beautiful. A real beach town. There's also the caves of Asturias near Santander. 

Salamanca in itself seems crazy cool. So much to do in the city itself. I really hope that my family is cool. It's funny, I put on my request form to limit the amount of onions they use in their dishes.
La Lonja de Seda en Valencia

Paella

Agua Valenciana

Catedral de Valencia

Queimada

Santiago de Compostela

La Universidad de Salmanaca (estatua de Fray Luis)

No comments:

Post a Comment